photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Outdoor Pallet Bench


When I was searching for an apartment, a patio was one of my non-negotiable items.  Although, my patio is not huge it is perfect for me!  I have been wanting to make something out of pallets for a while...I really love the industrial chic look.  So, when I saw this idea on Prudent Baby, knew I had found a winner!  My Granddad helped me again on this project.  First, I found some pallets:


They were FREE!  Yesssssss.  I did take them from behind a dumpster, but don't you worry, I asked first.  :) Next we cut them down to the size of the cushion I found.  This is not an ordinary cushion...it was actually my baby bed mattress.  Which was also....FREE.  I can't decide if is gross I am using a mattress that was slept on by myself back in 1986.  The FREE part convinced me that it was okay.  We added wheels to the bottom to make it look more industrial.


We Granddad attached the wheels.  I originally wanted wheels with locks, but these were all my Granddad had.  I knew I could figure out a way to keep it still, and I did by sitting the wheels in little metal rings from an old curtain rod.  Now on to beautifying the mattress.  I got black outdoor fabric from Hancock's.  I didn't really want to sew the cushion {feeling a little bit lazy I guess}, so I just used safety pins!  First, I did body of the pillow.  Then, I wrapped the ends like I wrap a Christmas present {probably one of my top 5 fav things to do}.  I first pull the edges to the middle.



Then I roll the flap over.


TaDa!


Now on to making pillows.  I had all these laying around my house...


I know, they are u.g.l.y they ain't got no alibi, they ugly yeah-yeah they ugly.  So I used some coral and gray fabric {also from Hancock's} to make pillows.


I {think} I am happy how my bench turned out!  I am considering staining the pallets gray.  I would like them to look a little more...worn.  :)


Hope you are having a great week!

{Leslie}

4 comments:

  1. What size was the piece of fabric you used to wrap the mattress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie--interested in possibly featuring your project in The Nest. Pls contact me at eroehrigATxogrpDOTcom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...